Wednesday, May 09, 2012

ITC - Elliott Wave Analysis


Well ITC has risen from a big wave IV triangle. I have tried to put a label on the chart, and I feel we have completed an "expanded flat" in wave [4]. Now I might be wrong in my labeling and we may come down once more to complete wave (c) of wave [4]. Or we may continue up in wave [5]. FMCG stocks usually perform well when markets are in consolidations and lag when they are trending. So I feel Nifty is close to its bottom of wave II around 4950 - 4920 levels. I f we reverse from this range, and start on wave III, we have smart gains to see on Nifty, and at that time what ITC will do will be interesting to see. A good strategy will be to wait for a pullback to today's rise, try to determine whether it is a 3 wave or a 5 wave move, and keep a tab on Nifty. If Nifty takes support at this level, and ITC consolidates in a 3 wave move, we can expect more upsides in the stock. But If Nifty breaks below 4950 - 4920 band, we will have to take another look at it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Aniruddha Ji. Gives much more clarity. One of the targets as per EW and Fib was 254.. sits well with impending wave 5 target..with divergences abound.. lets see..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ITC is in secular up trend, so it will be wise not to attempt a contra trend trade unless overwhelming evidence is available, my personal experience is we are better off trading the wave C of a bear market only.

      Delete

...I am thrilled to learn what you think about this piece of content...